- About Department
- Vision & Mission
- HOD’s Desk
- PBOS Members
The department of Information Technology was established in 2001 with intake capacity of 40 students. In 2007 intake capacity is increased to 60 students. In 2011 minority shift (second shift) is started with intake capacity of 60 students. Information Technology department will strive to achieve excellence in education so as to enable students to establish themselves as world-class technicians. The department will provide vibrant infrastructure and software application tool sets to empower them with the proficiency and knowledge required to excel in the dynamic field of IT and to pursue higher education. Information Technology department is committed to create and disseminate knowledge through innovative teaching & learning to provide world class technicians at diploma level. It also Imparts technical knowledge and skills to students towards continuous improvement in education and placement and prepare the students to meet the challenges in the technical advancement to serve the community.
Develop IT professionals to solve real life problems.
Information technology department is committed to
- Offer need based quality education for lifelong learning.
- Continuous up gradation of curriculum and laboratories through industry institute interaction.
- Conduct short term programmes to serve society.
- Develop entrepreneurial capabilities.
- Imbibe social awareness and responsibility in students to serve the society and protect environment
- Make the students industry ready to enhance their employability in the industries.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1. Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyze well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO3. Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- PO4. Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO6. Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO7. Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: The student should do programming, database management, networking, web design, Information Security, Cyber Security and recognize the need for independent and lifelong learning in the era of fast changing Information technology.
- PSO2: The Student should apply knowledge to solve problems through tools with understanding of social, ethical and environmental context.
- PSO3: The student should Analyze Computing problems and find solutions as an individual and can work in a team as a member or team leader.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession to provide economically feasible and socially acceptable solutions to real life problems.
- PEO2: Update professional abilities by engaging in lifelong learning.
- PEO3: Adapt state-of-the-art Information Technology broad-based techniques to work in multi-disciplinary work environments.
The department aims at addressing essential challenges faced by IT Industry, society and the academia. Every IT Industry is working on upcoming technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Blockchain, Internet of Things, Cloud computing, etc. Being an autonomous institute, we offer Outcome based Education to students in which curriculum is designed as per the present demand of the industry. Six months inplant training is part of our curriculum wherein students are placed in industry for training.
We believe in upholding our unceasing commitment to our students, helping them to learn, grow, develop, and achieve their goals in their pursuit to excel in their professional career.
Improved methods of teaching and learning process are adopted to achieve learning abilities through practice, exposure and motivation. Department has good infrastructural and computing facilities and provides a conducive environment to promote academic and research excellence in the department.
Our faculties always busy with the development of students through academics and organizing co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Our goal has always been to build a strong academic foundation, discipline, mentoring, counseling, ethics, values, skill building, personality development, showcasing talent, stimulating creativity, alumni relations and much more...
|Sr. No.||Name of Member||Designation|
|1.||Dr. R. A. Patil||I/C HOD, Information Technology Academic Coordinator Govt. Polytechnic Mumbai||Chairman|
|2.||Mr. J. R. Nikhade||Assistant Technical Director Regional Office, DTE, Mumbai||Member|
|3.||Mr. V. R. Jadhav||Dy. Secretary RBTE Mumbai||Member|
|4.||Mrs. Neeta Kadukar||Vice Principal Shri Bhagubhai Mafatlal Polytechnic Mumbai||Member|
|5.||Mr. Rahul Kashyap||Analyst National Advisory Ernst & Young, Mumbai||Member|
|6.||Mr. Ravindra Suryawanshi||Software developer Octaware technologies Mumbai||Member|
|7.||Mr. Sagar Mohite||Director and CEO ITEXemplar Pvt. Ltd., Thane||Member|
|8.||Mrs. Swati Khatal||Associate Software Tester E2serv Technologies CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai||Member|
|9.||Mrs. Manisha Pokharkar||Lecturer in Computer Engg Vidyalankar Polytechnic, Mumbai||Member|
|10.||Mrs. Jayashree Iyengar||I/C Curriculum Development Cell Govt. Polytechnic Mumbai||Member|
|11.||Mr. I. N. Khuspe||Controller of Examination Govt. Polytechnic Mumbai||Member|
|12||Mrs. N. A. Wankhede||Lecturer in Information Technology Govt. Polytechnic Mumbai||Member Secretary|
|13.||Mrs. Dipali Gosavi||Lecturer in Information Technology Govt. Polytechnic Mumbai||Member|
|Sr. No.||Name of The Faculty||Qualification||Post||Teaching Experience in Years||Photo|
|1.||Mr Kunal V Deokar||M.Tech (Comp. Engg.)||I/C HOD||7 Years|
|2.||Ms. Namrata A. Wankhade||B.E. (I.T.)||Lecturer||8.7 years|
|3.||Ms. Dipali Gosavi||B.E.(C.S.E)||Lecturer||4 years|
Non Teaching Faculty
|1.||Mr. Jayant Padate||B.Com||Lab Assistant|
|2.||Mr. Pravin Yadav||B.Sc||Lab Assistant|
|3.||Mr. Sargar J. N.||Peon|
|4.||Mr. Rathod Naresh||Peon|
|Sr. No.||Name of the Laboratory||Location/ Room No||Total Investment||Supporting Staff||Courses whose Practical’s are conducted|
|1.||Network Access Centre||NAC1 /ground floor||7,50,000||Mr. Pravin Yadav||Mobile App Development, Computer Networks|
|2.||Web Designing Lab||NAC2A/ground floor||11,25,820||Mr. Pravin Yadav||Web Tech, Python|
|3.||Hardware and Networking Lab||NAC2B/ground floor||11,25,820||Mr. Pravin Yadav||DBMS, Computer Peripheral and Maintenance|
|4.||Programming Lab||302/third floor||15,30,000||Mr. Jayant Padate||C Programming, Cloud Computing, AI|
|5.||Audio Visual Lab||301/third floor||12,00,000||Mr. Jayant Padate||Java, Advanced Java, GIS|
- Curriculum Semester wise- P16
- Curriculum Semester wise- P19
- Department Achievments
- Organized State level Technical Paper Presentation Sponsored by MSBTE on 3rd September 2016
- Organized State Level ISTE approved Faculty Development Program on Internet of Things in January 2017
- Organized State Level DTE Sponsored Faculty Development Program on Big Data & Hadoop Cluster Administration in September 2017
- Organized State Level technical event on February 2017
- Organized State Level technical event TechKriti18 on February 2018
- Organized International Level technical event TechNext19 on February 2019
- Organized State Level technical event TechNext20 on February 2018