- About Department
- Vision & Mission
- HOD’s Desk
- PBOS Members
- Curriculum Semester wise- P16
- Curriculum Semester wise- P19
- Department Achievements
Diploma Programme in Rubber Technology is started in the year 1999 by Government Polytechnic, Mumbai in collaboration with AIRIA. This Diploma programme is only one of its kinds in Maharashtra and is vibrating symbol of Institute – Industry Co-operation promoting purposeful technical education in the field of rubber. The programme is good blend of theory and practical including semester VIas actual training in the Industry. The department offers a three-year post SSC diploma programme. Also Diploma& Engineering pass-outs are eligible to apply. The duration of this course is 3 years, including semester VIas industrial training. There is a Programme Co-ordinator B B Sul, who is coordinating the course activities.During the tenure students are exposed to industrial environment in the area of Rubber product Manufacturing and services.
- Rubber Technology course is maintaining its placement record of 100 % right from the inception of this course.
- This is a unique course of its kind in the state of Maharashtra.
Transform Knowledge into work.
We are committed for
- Quality educational for lifelong learning.
- Need based educational programme through different modes.
- Outcome based curriculum implementation.
- Development and upgradation of standard laboratory practices.
- Promoting entrepreneurial programs.
We believe in ethical, safety, environment friendly practices and teaching learning innovations.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO-1 Basic Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering to solve the engineering problems.
- PO-2 Discipline Knowledge: An ability to apply disciplines – specific knowledge to solve core and/or applied engineering problems.
- PO-3 Experiments and practice: an ability to plan and perform experiments and practices and to use the results to solve engineering problems.
- PO-4 Engineering and practice: An ability to plan and perform experiments and practices and to use the results to solve engineering problems.
- PO-5 The engineer and society: Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- PO-6 Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
- PO-7 Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- PO-8 Individual and team work: function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse/multidisciplinary teams.
- PO-9 Communication: An ability to communicate effectively.
- PO-10 Life-long learning: recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in context of technological changes.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO-1:To design, understand, analyze the components of process, formulations and mixing and molding in field of Rubber Technology.
PSO-2:To use and know about new development in Rubber Sciences being introduced all over the world to solve the problems of our industry, society to make or products more comfortable, durable ad safe.
|Sr. No.||Name of The Faculty||Qualification||Post||Teaching Experience in Years||Photo|
|1||Mr. B. B. Sul||Programme Co-ordinator|
|2||Mr. Priteshkumar S. Singh||Laboratory Assistant|
|3||Dr. A. M. Prabhu||Visiting Lecturer|
|4||Mr. Sunil Kumar Srivastava||Visiting Lecturer|
|5||Mr. Amit Kumar Singh||Visiting Lecturer|
|6||Mr. Amol T. Naikwadi||Visiting Lecturer|
|7||Mrs. Siddhi Samant||Visiting Lecturer|
|8||Mr. Ajay V. Rane||Visiting Lecturer|
Major Labs :
Rubber Technology Departments consist of two well equipped laboratories and other laboratories are in sharing basis with Mechanical Engineering department.
1. Rubber Testing Lab :
In rubber testing lab, we conduct physical testing like Hardness, Tensile testing, Mooney Viscosity, Rheometric test etc. of rubber and some of the chemical testing like Ash content pH, Melting point.
|Rubber Testing Lab|
|Tensile Testing||Mooney Viscometer|
2.Rubber Processing Lab :
In rubber processing lab, we do compounding, molding of rubber. Both labs are designed to meet the requirement of practical’s as per curriculum. The majority of the equipment’s are donated by AIRIA or industry.
|Rubber Processing Lab.|
|Mixing Mill||Molding Press|