For the Admission Process of Post SSC / Direct Second year Diploma in Engineering ,TFWS Scheme,Rules and Information brochure, Kindly refer to Website : http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in
(The admissions are carried out through centralized admission process (CAP) by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai)
(First Year Intake)
|Sr. No.||Name of the Courses||Sanctioned Intake||Year of
|1||Civil Engineering (Sandwich Pattern)||120||1960|
|2||Mechanical Engineering (Sandwich Pattern)||120||1989|
|3||Computer Engineering (Sandwich Pattern)||60||1992|
|4||Computer Engineering (Minority) (Sandwich Pattern)||60||2011|
|5||Electronics Engineering (Sandwich Pattern)||120||1988|
|6||Information Technology (Sandwich Pattern)||60||2001|
|7||Information Technology (Minority) (Sandwich Pattern)||60||2011|
|8||Instrumentation Engineering (Sandwich Pattern)||60||1988|
|9||Electrical Engineering (Sandwich Pattern)||60||2009|
|10||Leather Goods & Footwear Technology (Sandwich Pattern)||15||1962|
|11||Leather Technology (Sandwich Pattern)||15||1938|
|12||Rubber Technology (Sandwich Pattern)||30||1999|
Fees: Total Fees:- Rs 10276 TFWS seats- No Tuition fee EWS, SC, ST – RS 4276
*PWD intakes are a additional seats. Eligible students have to register through on line process. And apply offline directly to Principal Government Polytechnic Mumbai. For details contact coordinator Prof. Kasture (9820907132)/ Mr Krishna Gupta (7666471592)
TFWS seats:- 5% of Intake EWS seats:- 10% of Intake
Features of the Institute:
- Government Polytechnic, Mumbai was established in the Year 1960 , one of the oldest and prestigious institute in Mumbai region and in state of Maharashtra
- Institute was awarded academic autonomy since 1994.
- Had undertaken various Projects like World Bank Assisted Project, Canada India Industry Institute Linkage Project, Technical Education Quality Improvement Program Phase II, etc.
- Has very good liaison with industries.
- A unique Diploma program in Rubber Technology(Self Financed), is a joint venture between the institute and All India Rubber Industries Association (AIRIA).Started in 1999-2000 with 100% Placements every year. For Maharashtra Domicile Students 24 Seats and Other than Maharashtra Students(OMS) 06 seats
- Implementation of Central Government of India scheme for bringing the Persons With Disabilities(PWD) in the main stream of technical education and community development through the polytechnic.
- Outcome based curriculum is offered to students, wherein Inplant training (six months industrial training) is a part of curriculum.
Facilities for Students:
- Well-equipped Laboratories and workshop, Language Laboratory
- Internet facility to all students in all the department through lease line.
- Audio visual facilities for all departments.
- Student Co- operative store and photo Copying Facilities.
- All Scholarship /free ships Schemes of Govt. Of Maharashtra are applicable Hostel facility for boys.
- Book Bank facility ,Well equipped Centralized library, Digital library facility, Reading Room,Girls Common Room.
- Students guidance and counseling cell, Woman empowerment cell, Gymkhana and playground, Canteen Facility, Incubation Center, Placement assistance through TPO cell Inplant Training(Six Months Industrial Training) : Currently available through existing curriculum of all Programmes, so all programmes are sandwich pattern.
During Last three years more than 50+ companies are the recruiters of our students
Kusters Engineering India Pvt. Ltd.,TATA CONSULTANCY ENGINEERS LTD.
Post Tension Services (Gujarat) Llp,Fenetre Solutions, MARINE POWER INTERNATIONAL, SHARJAH, U.A.E.,GRINDWELL NORTON LIMITED, NRB BEARINGS,Adroit Technical Services Pvt. Ltd., Just Dial Ltd, Haver Standard India Pvt. Ltd., MycoEngg.,TOYO ENGINEERING, Sicagen India Ltd., TATA POWER COMPANY LIMITED, Vishal Associates, VOLTAS LTD, Harris Rebar IDDPL India, BAJAJ AUTO, LARSEN & TOUBRO LTD, Tax Genie, SHAPOORJI PALLONJI, Birds Eye Systems Private Limited, STG Heating Pvt. Ltd, Carborundum Universal Ltd, TOTAL EARTHMOVERS PVT LTD,SCHINDLER, Anand Group of Companies, Viraj Profiles Limited, Autopack Machines Pvt. Ltd., Venchura Engineering Co., MALLAK Specialitiespvt. Ltd.,Mahindra & Mahindra Tractor Division, CIPLA, TATA TECHNOLOGIES, Rane Elastomer Processors, ION EXCHANGE (INDIA), Intech Point India, Bloom Energy, Clear Point Instrumentation Pvt. Ltd., ABB INDIA LIMITED, AkanshaIspatPvt.Ltd., Power Matrix Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Portescap India Pvt. Ltd., Aakaar Medical Technologies Pvt Ltd, Madhuchitt Industries, Kunal Pneumatics Pvt. Ltd., GODREJ AND BOYCE MFG. LTD., Raychem RPG (P) Ltd.,Nippon Instruments (I) Pvt.ltd.
How to reach Government Polytechnic Mumbai :
Government polytechnic Mumbai is located at Kherwadi, Bandra (East) just adjacent to Western Express Highway and opposite to Government Colony Bandra. It is 10 min walk from East side of Bandra Station. Western and Harbourrailway lines have direct connection with Bandra railway station. Central Railway travellers have to change at Dadar , or have to rely on road connectivity from Sion or Kurla. This institute has excellent connectivity with all modes of transport .by rail, road i.e. Bus , rikshaw , taxi etc. The railway and bus concessions are provided to students through institute.
Disclaimer: Institute has no legal responsibility of financial or career loss to some one ( This information is published by Principal Government Polytechnic Mumbai, for more queries and details please visit our website