- About Department
- Vision & Mission
- HOD’s Desk
- PBOS Members
Electrical Engineering started in 2009 with intake capacity of 60. The department has regular HOD and 7 highly experienced teaching faculties. Out of 7 faculties two are Ph.D. holder, one BEE Certified Energy Auditor and remaining all are PG holders. One of the faculty is working as a COE for the institute. The department has a good industry liaison. Many industrialists are contributing towards overall development of department by means of participating in curriculum development and sponsored projects. Department is providing consultancy to the Industries/organizations/instituted by means of testing and energy audit.
1.Departmental Time Table:
- Electrical first year time table odd 2021-22
- Electrical second year timetable odd 2021-22
- Electrical third year timetable odd 2021-22
2.Result Analysis last 3 years:
No. of final year students
No. of students passed
3. List of MOUs:
Name of Industry
Date of MoU
|1||Omnific Solutions, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai||-----|
|2||Strom EnergiePvt. Ltd. Pune||04/06/2019|
|3||ARS Energy Auditors||04/06/2019|
|4||L&T Engineering, Powai, Mumbai||20/02/2017|
Name of Staff
|1||Mr.A.K. Dhulshette||BEE Certified Energy Auditor|
|Dr.P.N.Padghan||Chartered Engineer, IEI|
5. Industrial Visits:
Name of Industry
No ofstudents beneficiaries
M/S Amul (Milk chocolate and ice cream ) online mode
Sea Wood Traction substation Navi Mumbai
HVDC Substation ,Padgha, Thane
HVDC Substation ,Padgha, Thane
400kV RS O&M Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
6. Co-curricular/Extra-curricular Activities:
Name Of the
Name Of the
|1||Abhishek Dhanraj Gajakosh||E learning program|
|2||Soham Nar||Online Technical Quiz|
|3||Pratibha Muthu Krishnan||E learning|
|4||Vishal Pokale||Online Technical Quiz|
|5||Soham Nar||Online national workshop|
|7||Abhishek Dhanraj Gajakosh||Awareness program on covid 19|
8.Event Organized by Department
Name Of Event
|1||ICT based STTP on Industrial Automation Practices through ICT sponsored by NITTTR, Chandigarh||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|2||ICT based STTP on Problem Based Learning through ICT sponsored by NITTTR, Kolkata.||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|3||FDP on Energy Management Conservation and Sustainable Development sponsored by MSBTE, Mumbai||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|4||NBAAccreditation||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|5||ICT based training programme laboratory safety management||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|6||FDP on Quality improvement and Industry Coordination sponsored by DTE, Mumbai||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|7||ElecTech 2020 MSBTE approved State level online paper presentation||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|8||Online quiz on “Electrical Circuits and Network”||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|9||Online quiz on "The concepts of Electrical Engineering"||Electrical EnggDept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|10||State level ISTE Student chapter sponsored Techno philia 2K21 Online||Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|11||Webinar on Marine Pollution||Electrical Engg Dept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|12||Webinar on Mangroves and Ecosystem”||Electrical Engg Dept ,Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|13||Online E- Spark online Engineering day Celebration||Electrical Engg Dept , Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
|14||Blood Donation Camp||Electrical Engg Dept ,Government Polytechnic Mumbai|
Develop competent electrical professionals and practicing engineers.
We are committed for quality education through
- M1. continuous up-gradation of the faculties and laboratories.
- M2. development and up gradation of standard, safe laboratory practices.
- M3. creating entrepreneurial awareness.
- M4. developing the consciousness of energy management and renewable energy.
- M5. serving the society.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- PO1: Basic and Discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the Engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyse well-defined Engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO3: Design/ development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- PO4: Engineering Tools, Experimentation and Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO5:Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO6:Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- PO7:Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes
Programme specific Outcomes (PSOs)
The students of Electrical Engineering will be able to
- PSO1:The ability to operate, supervise, test and maintain the various machineries, electrical installations and power system equipment.
- PSO2: The ability to carry out energy audit, prepare electrical estimates and costing, interpret and implement electrical drawing.
- PSO3: The ability to practice profession with attention to energy conservation, ethical principles, safety, environmental aspects and socially beneficial activities.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1.The students will practice their Technical skills to meet the need of industry and society
- PEO2. The students will practice their profession with ethics, integrity, safety and social responsibility with attention to health, environment, team work and effective communication.
- PEO3. They will be able to upgrade their knowledge by life-long learning in the context of technological changes to enhance technical and entrepreneurial abilities.
Electrical engineering is a professional engineering discipline that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. Electrical engineering is one of the newer branches of engineering, and dates back to the late 19th century. Electrical engineers work on a wide range of components, devices and systems, from tiny microchips to huge power station generators.
Electrical engineers design, develop, test and supervise the manufacturing of electrical equipment, such as electric motors, radar and navigation systems, communications systems and power generation equipment. Electrical engineers work primarily in research and development industries, engineering services firms, manufacturing and government
|Sr. No||PBOS Committee||Position||Name|
|1.||Director Omnefic Solutions, Navi Mumbai||Mr. Manoj Shinde|
|2.||Energy Auditor, Mumbai||Mr. Pramod Daspute|
|3.||Industrialist, Pune||Mr. Yogendra Talware|
|4.||Energy Consultant, Navi Mumbai||Mr. Prashant Anwekar|
|5.||Dy.Executive Engineer, MSELDC, Kharghar||Mr.Kuldeep Singh Rajput|
|6.||Additional Executive Engineer , MSEDCL, PrakshGad, Mumbai||Mr.BhalchandraTamhankar|
|7.||HOD, M.H SabooSiddik Polytechnic, Byculla, Mumbai||Mrs. Kalaivanimuthuvelan|
|8.||Asst.Prof. Electrical Engg.VJTI,Matunga,Mumbai||Mr.HB Chowadhari|
|9.||Asst.Divisional Engineer, EMU Workshop, Virar, Mumbai||Mr.Mukesh Prasad|
|Sr. No.||Name of The Faculty||Qualification||Post||Teaching Experience in Years||Photo|
|1.||Mrs. J.D. Waghmare||M.Tech (IPS)||I/C HOD||31|
|3.||Mr.I.N. Khuspe||B.E., M. E.||Lecturer||33(2 Industrial)|
|4.||Dr.P.N.Padghan||PhD (Electrical Field). LMISTE,MIE||Lecturer||36|
|5.||Mr.A.K.Dhulshette||M.Tech(PS) , BEE Certified Energy Auditor||Lecturer||32|
|6.||Miss. A.V.Patil||ME (Electrical power system)||Lecturer||12|
|7.||Mrs. Deepali Rajesh Kirtane||ME (Electrical)||Lecturer||22|
|8||Rakeshkumar Shivadeo Shukla||B E(Electronics and Power)||Lecturer||29 years|
|9||Ms. Minakshi Bajirao Shirsat||BE (Ele), ME(EPS)||Lecturer||16 years|
Non Teaching Faculty
|1.||Mrs.V.V.Gurav||Diploma Electronics||Audio Video Technician|
|2.||Mr.VinayakBhawari||ITI (Electrician), BSc (IT)||Electrician|
|3.||Mr.TK Sonawane||7th Pass||Hamal|
|4.||Mr. Wankar Javvad Kutubuddin||ITI (Electricain), Diploma in|
|Sr.No.||Name of the Laboratory||Location/ Room No||Total Investment||Supporting Staff||Courses whose Practical’s are conducted||Extension No|
|1||Electrical Machines Lab (007)||007||Rs. 40,91,861/-||Mrs.V.V.Gurav||As per curriculum and availability|
|2||Switchgear and Protection Lab (106A)||106-A||Rs.18,75,700/-||Mr. M. V. V Bhawari||As per curriculum and availability|
|3||Basic Electrical and Workshop (007)||007||Shared with Electrical Machines Lab (007)||Mrs.V.V.Gurav||As per curriculum and availability|
|4||Computer Lab (116)||116||Rs.14,42,533/-||Mr. M. V. V Bhawari||As per curriculum and availability|
|5||Electronics lab (106B)||106-B||Rs. 50,00,000/-||Mr. J. K . Wankar||As per curriculum and availability|
- Curriculum Semester wise- P16
- Curriculum Semester wise- P19
|Sr.No.||FDPs/STTP /WEBINAR||State/National Level||Period||No. of Participants|
|1.||ICT based STTP on Industrial Automation Practices through ICT sponsored by NITTTR, Chandigarh||State||15.01.2018 to 19.01.2018||12|
|2.||ICT based STTP on Problem Based Learning through ICT sponsored by NITTTR, Kolkata.||State||25.06.2018 to 29.06.2018||26|
|3.||FDP on Energy Management Conservation and Sustainable Development sponsored by MSBTE, Mumbai||State||17.12.2018 to 21.12.2018||26|
|4.||NBAAccreditation||State||22.04.2019 to 26.04.2019||54|
|5.||ICT based training programme laboratory safety management.||State||23.09.2019 to 27.09.2019||26|
|6.||FDP on Quality improvement and Industry Coordination sponsored by DTE, Mumbai||State||16.12.2019 to 21.12.2019||22|
|7.||MSBTE approved online paper presentation competition (ElectroTech 2020) for the students of Electrical Engineering.||State||24.05.2020||40|
|8.||Organized a National Level Online One week FDP on MOODLE Learning Management System||National||12.06.2020 to 16.06.2020||513|
|9.||A state level Webinar for Faculties of Diploma Streams in Maharashtra on Virtua Labs||State||05.08.2020||301|
|10.||A webinar on Variable Frequency Drives||State||28.06.2020||71|